I got a very belated birthday card all the way from CALIFORNIA, USA!!! :)
Thanks for the card, valerie. I really appreciate it, and also for what's inside! Sheesh. Bestest friends with balls huh? I think you're right there. We'll probably never reside in the same country again, and I don't know when I'll ever see you in Singapore, but yeah... but thanks again for taking the effort for the card. :)
Actually, when you think of the journey that the card has taken... all the way from USA to Australia, it's like... wow. Small things can do great stuff haha.
Anyway, my exam on Wednesday was ok I suppose, and so was the take-home exam I had to hand in yesterday at 5pm. Just gotta pray that everything will now turn out a-ok.
My last exam is on the very last day of the exam period: 17 Nov (Friday), 9am - 11.10am, Democratisation in Asia (SOCS 2228), at Winthrop Hall.
Also a brief update on my going-East trip. I've already bought a one-way ticket to Canberra (DON'T WORRY! I'm still coming back to Perth!) and I've also bought my return flight from Canberra to Melbourne.
So:
27 Nov (Monday) (2305hr AWST): Depart Perth. QF 720. Reaches Canberra at 0600hr (AEDT), 28 Nov.
28 Nov (Tuesday) (0915hr AEDT): Depart Canberra. DJ 712. Reaches Melbourne at 1020hr (AEDT).
Stay with Uncle Henry 28 Nov to 1 Dec.
1 Dec to 6 Dec. Go for Convention.
Stay either with Uncle Henry or Uncle John on 6 Dec.
7 Dec (Thursday) (1115hr AEDT): Depart Melbourne. DJ 717. Reaches Canberra at 1215hr (AEDT).
Quite excited about everything. This week, I received a letter from Burgmann College (that's where they'll house the Summer Scholars), and I have to sign a contract and pay $120 for the key deposit (refundable)... gosh $120 is just a bit too expensive, but at least it's refundable (if I don't lose keys and all I suppose).
p/s: Should take a look at their menu - http://burgmann.anu.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=43.
Food looks really good. Hopefully the food is as good as the name sounds. Heh.
Actually, my biggest worry is that I'll have no friends in Canberra. Yeah, cos I know I have problems communicating with people and all... and I'm pretty introverted. I worry that no one will have dinner with me... worry that I'll have no friends to go out with etc etc. Hmm sigh.