I'm quite happy for my BS group this semester. Have four new friends - Keith, Joshua Tan, Joshua Sim, and Valerie. Though Jo and Jessica graduated last semester and are now back in Singapore. Had a great time looking at Exodus 3 and 4 yesterday, getting to know one another better, and celebrating Joshua Tan's birthday. And and... 4 guys in my group are Arts students. I think we have all the Arts guys in OCF Perth in my group haha...
Bought a laser printer yesterday from Australia Post. The Canon LBP 3000 for $149... I think it's a good deal I've got there, cos' David (my housemate) bought the same thing for $189 or $199 I think. Anyways, now I don't have to bleed zapping in the library anymore, at least for digitised stuff, journal articles etc.
Reading this autobiography called "Coming of Age in Mississippi" by Anne Moody, required for US history's Monday (yeah. this Monday) tutorial. Really powerful and lucid account of a young black girl growing up in the rural and segregated South - set in the 1950s - 70s I think.
Last, I'm jetting to Melbourne next month during the one week non-teaching break (aka not a holiday strictly speaking). My parents are going to Melb to visit our relatives, especially Great Aunt Bertha (who looked after my mum when she was young) and yeah also to have a holiday. So we kind of timed it so I'd be able to go along as well. I'll be there 7 - 14 Sept... and what's more, I managed to snag the cheapest Qantas tickets for the trip - $199 one way, so total $398. My parents will arrive in Melb early 5 Sept morning, and leave 17 Sept afternoon. Really looking forward to it and meeting my dad, mum, and my cousins in Melbourne, whom I must have never seen for like a LONG time now. Just a bit apprehensive about my assignments due around that period though, gotta organise my time wisely and get them all done before I fly east. I've never been to the east before btw. :)