I'm back in JB! Apologies for not being able to get online the past few days, cos' the Internet broadband here went "rosak, mintak maaf".
The flight back was delayed for 1hr 30mins - I've come to expect delays from Qantas. According to the pilot, the reason was because the flights from London were delayed the previous day, and there was ripple-effect affecting all the Qantas and British Airways routes. Quite a lot of passengers on my flight were en route to London, Frankfurt, or Paris - and the pilot was, "If you all don't get seated and close the overhead cabins, the door will not close, and our flight will be delayed further. And your connecting flight from Singapore to London will also be delayed!"
Sounded very much like an explicit threat to me. Anyways. Thanks Jason for giving me a lift. :)
Well, I came back really happy... but, yeah something very sad happened in my family. My Aunty Molly passed away on 12 June 2006. She's my mother's 2nd eldest sister, stays in Kuala Lumpur.
No one ever told me because they all knew I was having exams then. And I'd be definitely affected if I was to know about it.
On Saturday (24 June), just before going for dinner with two of my church's pastors, my mum sat me down and said... "Something really sad happened in the family. But I don't know how to tell it to you". My dad, brother, and sister were also present in the living room.
And then, my mum passed me the obituary. It was first shock, then disbelief, then it was nothing but tears after that. Aunty Molly passed on at 56 years old.
She's really admirable you know. For one, she married herself to God... teaching 3 year old kids for 37 years at the Jack and Jill Kindergarten in the PJ First Baptist Church. But she didn't tell anyone when she was ill, and I heard she fainted in the toilet at 3.40am 12 June. My grandmother found her at 6.30am sprawled in the toilet. I'm not quite sure about the exact cause, but my dad said it was a really high level of diabetes. We'll know better the circumstances of her death when we go up to KL next Monday.
My parents attended her funeral, and it was only then when they knew how much my Aunt was loved by all. From my grandmother, to my aunties and uncles, to her nephews and nieces, to all she taught, past and present.
I don't think I can continue writing anymore... it's just quite hard for me.
Looking at the obituary, my mum said the Bible verse on it really summed it all up. Matthew 11: 28. She really needed a rest after all those years of unceasingly serving God through His children.
Yesterday, my mum burst in tears again when she was thanking the Church for their prayers and support. My mum's right... Aunty Molly was so much a part of her life... and was definitely much a part of my family as well. She'd always be there to look after us when we're there in KL.
I know she's in a better place with our Lord now.