foot.note

22 March 2006

It has come to my attention that Jeremy and I always tend to be a bit worked up after every tute we have. It's probably because:

1. I get kind of irritated when people's presentations do not answer the question at hand. Or it sounds like as if it's a rehash of the lecture last week. I expect fresh ideas in presentations... and I do appreciate coherence in presentations. The problem is, tutors here tend to say "good good" to every presentation, when IMO, there's obviously much to be desired. Now, my gripe is that if you don't point out what seems to be wrong, everyone will just keep on thinking that this is the way to do presentations.

Please please... answer the tute question! I cannot stress that enough.

2. I get a tad disturbed when people's contributions during tutes suspiciously sound like as if they've never did a 1st Year Politics unit before. Or the whole comment is grounded in non-political terms and logic.

Or to put it simply, it is obvious that they do not do their readings and cannot say anything intelligent. I could close two eyes to people who don't do readings and say something meaningful. But certainly not the former.

I know I sound like the academic here being all fussy. But yeah, I guess I do have high expectations on how things should be done.

Tmrw we're having a newbies and BS leaders dinner at my place. I'm really happy that there's at least 8 newbies confirmed coming for tmrw... Thank God! Me went buying a whole chicken and minced pork at Northbridge today. Thanks Debs for availing yourself to cook for us :)

Oh yes... Jeremy, Chi Yenn and I had lunch at the Student Cafe today. Was very (very) nice of Chi Yenn to buy all of us coffee, chocolate and mocha from Dome! Really made my day.

What else... oh yes, I aced my online quiz. So now, 7.5 / 7.5% in my bag for HIST2246. Gunning for 25 / 25!