foot.note

29 March 2006

Ended up with a 4 / 5 for my weekly online quiz. I don't mean to sound like a / an _____, but I was pretty disappointed with not getting a perfect score. Yeah, cos I wasn't reading the right edition of the book where the questions came from. And when I looked at the latest edition, the answer was staring right there at me. Felt so silly. Anyways, 0.5 marks lost overall only... not really a big deal. Try harder for this week's online quiz! :)

Today was my tute presentation for International Relations in East Asia. Hmm I tried a different tack (compared to other presentations so far) by 1) doing powerpoint and handouts, instead of handouts only where people just tend to look at the paper without looking at you, and 2) integrating political cartoons / comics into my presentation. I reckon the tutor liked it... and probably the class also. Maybe I should follow the same format for my Indo politics presentation next week. Yah. Another presentation.

On Tuesday, we had the Australian High Commissioner to Pakistan talking to us about Australian-Pakistani relations and broader strategic developments in the Middle East - e.g. Islam, Afghanistan, the "war on terror", Kashmir etc. Was really a good lecture. I learnt a lot about her own reflections about working in the diplomatic corps and her experiences about being a (Caucasian) woman involved in such high politics in a predominantly Muslim country.

I wanna be a diplomat!

On a brighter note, we're moving on to the Russian Revolution next week! Ahh finally getting away from the whole mess with the French Revolution - The Terror, Jacobins, Giordins, Louis XVI, Robespierre, Napoleon Bonaparte, peasants, sans-culottes etc etc.

P/s: Combined Public Meeting this Friday, 31 March. Really looking forward to meet OCF Curtin and Murdoch friends. :)