foot.note

20 February 2006

Still quite a happy boy this weekend.

Ren Haw spent a day with us before flying off to Melbourne. He flew into Perth from Brunei the previous night (Friday). Was really fun to have about 9 of us at our place. Just playing PS2 and laughing ourselves silly, catching up with one another. Dinner was Broadway Pizza, my fav. fish and chips along Broadway (maybe not so fav. now since the price has increased from $6.60 to $7.10!, to my horror), and there was nice beer too. =)

To have jon being our de facto housemate for a week... haha... was really a blessing to have him around... and we being stand-up Russell Peter-ish comedians.

Also, to see a lot of newbies among our midst (in OCF WA)... quite a few high school students, thank God! Was quite happy to get to know them. I think one of the things I could learn is to create space within me to include new people, not to shut them out. You know... cos when you're superficial, it's pretty obvious to others. Yah, and also to avoid that "I'm here so many semesters already, compared to you" attitude... :)

Lastly, to be back at Subi Church... ahh. Today's msg was on 1 Peter 5:5-10, about how potentially destructive it could be to trust our own judgment, and to be humble by seeking His wisdom. Graham's msg is always so applicable - could be better if I'm not struggling to stay awake. Must sleep early on Sat nights, as mum always reminds me. =)