My first day of Semester 1, 2006
FYI, this is my 4th semester... so another 2.5 years to go if I'm gunning down Honours. =)
Had POLS2214 (Strategy, Diplomacy & Conflict) lecture at 10am. Alexander LT looks much nicer now that it is renovated. Even Samina, our lecturer, remarked that she was afraid to leave her cup of tea on the table, lest she spills tea all over it haha. As usual, she played Bollywood / Pakistani dance music before her lecture started - that's her for you haha. A very popular lecturer in Political Science. Just promoted to an A/Prof, I must add. She taught us in Semester 2, 2004 also - Introduction to International Relations. Anyway, glad to see a few familiar faces doing this unit.
So, what is strategy? Haha.
Bummed around with Jeremy for a while at the bank and had a drink at the spanking new, just-renovated Ref.
Did another psychology experiment at 2pm at the Cognitive Science Lab. Got $10 for it!
Nearly (nearly) (nearly) lost my mobile today. I must have left it on the computers or in between the library shelves at Humanities reserve. Cos right, just as I was about to leave for HIST2246 (European Revolution) lecture at 4pm, I couldn't find my phone in my pocket or in my bag. Panicked like mad.
Decided I'd just go for lecture. But couldn't stop worrying. As far as my eyes could see, I'm the only Asian in the lecture room of about 40. I worry I get intimidated and don't speak up during workshops and tutorials. The class got split up into groups of 8 - that's our workshop group.
The name of my group is Krupskaya.
Krup... what? haha..
Krupskaya's the wife of Lenin. Her full name is Nadezhda Konstantinovna Krupskaya - I just checked it out. lol. Didn't know who Krupskaya is myself when I first heard the name.
Lecturer's a Dr. Mark Edele... heard he's German, speaks German and Russian very fluently (his research area is in Soviet war veterans), and did his PhD at University of Chicago. So his speech is like a confluence of German, Russian and American English. lol.
But he's a nice dude... I can see that from today... haha..
I'm worried about me being the only Asian in class... yeah...
Anyway... the lecture ended prematurely at 5pm or so... it was supposed to end at 5.30pm-ish... so I went back to the library... hoping that someone dropped it off at the counter...
Thank God someone did...!!
I'm so happy there're still honest people in this world... =)
ok.. time to read read read read.