foot.note

08 February 2006

5.5 days before I fly back to Perth!

What I've been up to lately?

1. Have been writing up the Ladies' Fellowship AGM report for my mum. You see, she's in charge of the Ladies' Fellowship at church, and AGM is coming in about 4 weeks time! Since she's IT-phobic, I have the dubious honour of writing out everything. Interesting to get a glimpse of how church works and what He has been doing at Hebron over the past year. :)

2. Was in Singapore last evening to visit cousin Moon and her family. Took the opportunity to grab a few books at Kinokuniya too. Met up with Jeremy there and then at Kino.

Introducing my two latest books:

Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. 2nd edn., Oxford University Press, New York, 2002.

and

Manning, Chris & van Diermen, Peter (eds.). Indonesia in Transition: Social Aspects of Reformasi and Crisis. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore, 2000.

Well, the first book is not in the textbook list for HIST 2246 - but I reckon it'd do me good if I bought (and read) it, since I know nothing about the French Revolution - I did Paper 2 (SEA) and 3 (International History) in JC, not Paper 1 (European History).

The second book is a "recommended" text for ASIA 2221 (among 8 others) - and I kind of liked the contents after a cursory glance, so there!

How nice if I stayed near Kino. I'd go reading everyday. lol.

3. Now I'm actually hoping to buy a Valentine's Day dinner for my parents. But I don't know where's nice (and not too expensive) in JB. Besides, I'm thinking how to make the reservation and buy the dinner without letting my folks know.

Kinda worried for my dad. He's a bit depressed cos' our business hasn't been doing well lately. Makes me sad too when I see how much he's grown thinner and dropping hair cos he worries so much about supporting the family.

But it's really encouraging to see how much he's grown in God too! :)

All I can really do is to pray that He'll watch over my folks when I'm back in Perth. And be more sensible with them and $.