OCF returnees gathering on Sat 14 Jan.
Thinking quite hard about what games to play for this Saturday's OCF returnees gathering. Thought of one already, and Jon and Viv were ok with it. The second one was, IOO (in our opinion), too teenage-y. And we're hoping to have 3 games if possible.
The ones I've been looking at while google-ing were either 1) not quite edifying, or 2) too messy for our returnees I think (read: water and the likes), or 3) too teenage-y - which probably approximates problem 2) which I just identified earlier.
By God's grace, I'll come up with something soon!
It's quite funny how I'm coming up with the programme and I won't be attending the gathering cos' I'll be in Taipei by then. But Jon will probably do a good job executing the plan when Saturday comes la. =)
A note about picking Joy - my sister from school today.
And so I came to discover that picking up my sister and our neighbour back from school today was quite an event.
Firstly, it was raining heavily.
Secondly, I had to fight tooth and nail with other cars cos' the whole road was clogged up with anxious parents. And brothers, we might as well add.
So I parked the car by the side... only to realise I couldn't identify my sister and Hira in the sea of blue baju kurungs and the like! FYI, my sis is wearing the baju kurung as uniform cos' she says she does not like the uniform that Chinese students wear aka the blue pinafore I think.
I kind of agree with her. The baju kurungs are nice you know. Gives you that graceful look.
Got out the car with an umbrella. And as I was walking to the school gate, some boy scolded "bodoh" at me from the Bas Sekolah. Lest you didn't know, "bodoh" means "stupid" in Malay and Bas Sekolah = School Bus.
Sheesh. School kids nowadays.