My family went to Batu Pahat today to visit my Aunt Shirley (mum's elder, look-alike sister) and her family. BP's about an 1hr 30min drive from JB - assuming if you drive slightly faster like I do. If you're driving normally, I think it takes nearly 2hours.
Anyway, it was really nice to catch up with her, Uncle Ah Fatt, as well as my 3 cousins - Rose, Ivan, and Isabel - I think they are 26, 23, and 18 years old respectively.
Mum: "Isabel! You're so pretty now... don't you agree, boy?"
Me looking at Isabel right in front of me. I've not seen her in 2 years, and she's really pretty now - not that she was not pretty before.
Me: "ahhhh okie larhhhhh"
Mum: "Haiyoh! No wonder you until now no gf. You'll hurt her by saying that u know...."
Erm anyway... that's me for you la k. My cousin's like 18 years old, you really don't expect me to go, "Hey Isabel, you're really pretty", do you? Sounds kinda awkward to me.
But yeah... the cousins and us went to Summit Parade for makan and shopping, came back to the house for more makan and Auntie's cooking. Mum was chatting non-stop with Aunt Shirley about some secret recipe for longan. And Dad and Uncle Ah Fatt was talking about urm business, and how everything seems to be getting more expensive these days. So typical huh.
Was really nice of them to treat us to dinner at a restaurant too!
13 days to Perth. The countdown really begins now.