Happy New Year 2006... hope it'd be a happy and blessed year for all =) Think I've got lots of things to look forward to this year, so there..
Well... maybe I'm not looking forward to turning 21 come this October. But anyway, that's another 10 more months to go haha.
Church service today was ultra-long (3.5 hours!) but was good actually. Elder Dr Leong mapped out his plans for Hebron Presbyterian Church for 2006 and beyond. His plans to build a new church building in 2009 / 10 were surely exciting. But one I feel, really requires the entire congregation to have a common vision. And also one that we'd have to be prayerful about. Cos there's always the danger of focusing too much on the fundraising, and neglecting other aspects of development in the process.
Theme for 2006 at Hebron is to be a "contagious" church. Also, quite a lot of focus on character building aka building our temple from within first.
And so, the theme is centred on Hebrews 10: 24 - 25.
24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Elder Dr Leong also asked us to give thanks for 2005. Looking back, I think 2005 was a really good year for me. 2004 had a fair share of disappointments, really bad news that I never thought would happen, a year which had lots of uncertainties as well. Esp. in relation to coming over to Perth.
2005 was... hmm quite different!
Was a year of consolidation for me.
There was Convention, which had to be the highlight of the year.
Took over Peter Su's room... and into Frodo Liaw's house. Nice housemates - David and Jason. I never regretted moving in for a moment. =) Yahhh.. was far better than my previous (and 1st) house. Not that the housemates were bad or anything... but the rent was ex, I felt I only got to know them superficially (they being med students), and I guess I felt constrained...
At David's, I am very happy I got to admit haha. Feels like the meeting point of OCF Perth. That's sth I appreciate too.
When Jane was still in the LC and when they had meetings at our place, we'd always get her to cook for all of us. Cos I'm just too lazy to cook at times haha.
Jane, peering into the fridge: "But you only got pak choy and beef in the fridge everytime I'm here!"
lol.
Ahh.. and studies. It went from strength to strength. Had a slight dip in Semester 2 (S2's average was 1.75 less than S1)... but yah, I think it's still sth to be happy about. =)
Dr Leong also asked us to ask for forgiveness if we had offended anyone in the previous year...
So.. if I've hurt, offended, stepped on your toes in 2005... I sincerely ask for your forgiveness. Please tell me where I've went wrong, so hopefully it won't happen again.. =)
Okay... so I went swimming this evening. Was good. Though I certainly think I'm getting old... haha.