foot.note

14 January 2006

At home with Frodo Liaw
David's at home! Picked him up at the (Senai) airport at about 11.45pm... quite nice again to catch up in the car and back at home a bit before he went to sleep. Heard the house's all peaceful and quiet now that Jason and me are back in Singapore and JB respectively. hehe. Anyway, if you didn't know, David's our landlord and housemate... and yeah I'm really blessed to have both of them as housemates. But bet I already said that before riteeee haha.

So the plan tmrw.. I mean, today...
Should be leaving JB at about 9am together... Dad's driving us out. I'm leaving for Taipei in the afternoon (flight's at 1pm) and Ah Liaw goes back to Perth later in the evening. Both departing from Singapore. =)

Thank God Mum is packing my stuff for me... cos I'm not feeling very well actually. Having a bad sore throat and a slight fever. Just happened today.

Blame me and my stubborness I guess. Mum, Dad and I had roast duck rice for lunch today. I saw my mum take away the roast duck skin on her plate. You see, she does not eat the skin. To which I said... "But what a waste! That's like the best part of the duck lor!" Mum didn't allow me to eat the skin cos' I was already developing a sore throat. But I went ahead anyway.

Erm... so it became worse later in the evening... Dad brought me to the doctor.

Was asked to step on a weighing machine the moment I entered the doctor's room. It registered 64kg! And I'm quite sure I only weighed 60kg when I was in Perth. I think I gotta do something about it very soooooon. lol.

No wonder Andrew said I definitely put on weight when I saw him at Ruby's wedding. lol. And I thought he was joking!

And then the doctor went...
Doctor: "Oh.. must try to avoid oily food... try to eat lots of porridge... drink lots of water if you can."

I thought: "But how can???! I'm going Taipei tomorrow you know..."

Felt a bit bad cos' I refused to listen to my mum... and now my folks had to spend unnecessary $ on me cos I fell sick. Was 45 RM the medicine and all. sigggh.

Okay... that's it from me I guess... should sleep soon. I hope the plane won't get delayed (JetStar Asia) and yeah pray for safe journey mercies.

p/s: john, congrats on your 2nd upper class honours (am I allowed to say it? lol)... Good job mate!