foot.note

20 December 2005

Taking stock of recent days' events...

Saturday xy came into JB for a day visit. In sequence, we went to City Square, my fav. beef noodles in JB @ Taman Johor Jaya, Jusco at Permas Jaya, then to that grandmother of all shopping complexes by the name of Holiday Plaza - where I got lost there when I was 5 years old and my folks were frantically looking for me, then to that open air hawker centre near my church... where we had more satay and chee cheong fun... and then yah sent her to the JB Causeway at 9.30pm or so.

The funny thing was when my mum suggested I visit the Jusco along Jalan Tebrau.

Mum: "Go there lah! Just opened last week! It's the biggest Jusco in Malaysia yet."

And so we drove... the carpark was not opened yet, but there was a gravel carpark next to it - and there were lots of cars there. So we parked, and got off.

Walked round the huge building... but could only see Jusco staff with name tags, and lots of lorries unloading stuff into Jusco. Oops.

Went to the security guard: "Eh abang... belum buka eh?"

"Jusco ini bulan depan baru buka... 4 Januari."

Yah... turned out it will only open on 4 January. And to think I was telling xy that most JB shopping complexes open up to the public when the most basic shops are ready to open - i.e. the anchor tenants. lol. haha.

xy: "eh didn't we notice that every one that came out of their car has a helmet with him? Why would anyone need a helmet for shopping?"

lol. =P

So we went to the Permas Jaya Jusco instead. heh.

Sunday Went to church... uncles and aunties were happy to see me again... as usual, I'll be quizzed on the weather in Australia... OCF (yeah!)... and what I think about hot topics like Van Nguyen's execution.... or Durai's fat pay package (the audit report was out today. And it's really damning.)

The speaker talked about sth from 2 Chronicles... but I forgot what it was exactly. Though I do remember it had sth to do with Convention theme.... about chasing everything under the wind... so much so that we forget God.

Slept in the rest of the day. And Monday too.

Tuesday Visited my auntie. Went out to S'pore.... had dinner with daryl... at Coffee Club... spent $28 or so on dinner... ouch...

Before that, I went to pay for the hotel room that we'll be staying in at Taipei - ok I know my syntax failed there. But hey, I'm blogging.

Was at kino Taka... and someone was really nice to me just now...

You see, kino is having 20% off... but you need to have the coupon... and so I was asking how to get a coupon...

Cashier: "You can get them from I-Weekly or last saturday's Straits Times."

Me: "ohhh"

Person next to me: "Hey... I got an extra coupon... why don't I give it to you?"

Me: "why... geez. thanks!"

It's really very nice of him lor... such generosity. And I must add it's lacking in Singapore. Make that Malaysia as well.

Met koh... my friend from ocf perth. brought him into JB as he's got a flight to catch this morning from Senai Airport to Kuching... in about 4.5 hours time. Went for supper. Tired. Tired.

But yah still very happy and blessed by everything. Convention. friends. supper. folks. msn-ing. church. letter of congrats from history honours coordinator - i knew abt it from dr frodo liaw. lol. asked if he could open my letters just in case anything urgent cropped up.

Quite a random post. Yah random is good. It captures life.