foot.note

24 December 2005

Been out to Singapore for the past 4 days.

Had BS with Tricia, Vivian, Jiamin, and Jonathan on Wed night. Was supposed to meet at 6.45pm to have dinner together first, but I appeared at 9.30pm or so. lol. Bad traffic jam along the causeway. But yeah, was blessed by the BS (which was about loving and serving our brothers and sisters in Christ) and by the sharing as well. Slept over at jon's place... thanks so much for letting me stay at your place for 3 nights. heh. =)

Thurs watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with xy. I must say that compared to the previous 3 shows, there was an attempt to inject some new sequences in it - e.g. the French lady wizards and the TriWizard ball... Ooh and of cos, they tried to make it look a bit Asian this time round too - with that Chinese girl at the ball, and the Indian girls whom Harry Potter danced with.

But I must say, Goblet of Fire is certainly more "Potter-centric" (yes, I invented the term myself). As in, you'll notice that previous films involve Ron, Hermaine, and / or the professors helping Potter to battle the monster or whatever (pardon my childlike innocent use of the term monster). This time round, it seems like the show really revolved around the character of Potter - right from the point he was "miraculously" chosen to take part in the TriWizard competition.

Anyway, I think it's a show worth watching. And thank God I managed to catch it before it ended its run. I kind of forgot Harry Potter opened like mid-Nov, so I kind of postponed watching it even after I came back (it only opened 1 Dec in Australia btw). On the day we watched, it was only showing at Yishun, West Mall, and Tampines... like no where in town locations.

We then joined the throng of people in Orchard. xy was looking for presents for her BBQ with table tennis mates and I was more than happy to visit kinokuniya again. haha.

Had dinner (at fish & co. had seafood platter, no less) with another 2 of my college classmates - marc and huimin. It was of course nice to be meeting them again - esp. hm, whom I've not seen for about 1.5 years now. Glad to hear (and see) that they're still pretty much the same. I take comfort in the same things. Too much comfort at times, I must admit.

Friday went shopping with trish, vivian and jon for jing's birthday present. Ended with a pendant, a dress, a fan, chocolates, etc in the goodie bag. Yes I know, it's so random stuff we've got there. Ate, ate, ate at jing's party. Played that question game that OCF Syd apparently so loves to play haha.

Found myself asking - "What is the colour of your toothbrush?"

I must say that that wasn't originally my question. glenna asked it before during our BS. heh.

Was a really good 3 days in sgp i had, save the headache i started having at the party. luckily there was panadol around. Hmm 7 minutes to christmas. When Jesus came to earth to rescue all those who believe.

Hmm jiamin said I looked "melancholic". Maybe I do.

p/s: And I still have not bought anything from kino yet. I'd really love to! But there's just so much to buy. Going to Ipoh 26 - 28 Dec, should be stopping by Malacca 29 Dec on the way back to JB. My parents suddenly decided having ipoh hor fun is good for us. =) And since we don't really have much to do anyway, we might as well go cuti-cuti Malaysia. lol.