A reminder from Will. Note if you do call Jason and my home line (we share the line) during the daytime, and I so happen to pick it up, I never say "Hello?" - I'll just keep silent the whole time until the other person identifies him/herself. This is because more often than not, the one who calls during daytime is always one who tries to sell me something or has always got the wrong number.
E.g. I just had one trying to make me apply for a Westpac Credit Card - and well, I'm a customer of Westpac. But I'm in no position to get a credit card. I kept silent for 20 seconds till she went: "Hello, is Cheow Lee in?" Well... even if u follow the Aussie way of first name, then family name, it is Cheow Lit Lee, or Will Lee. So get that right even before you try to sell me your credit card.
And then there were times when people tried to make me understand that the roof was leaking and that I needed to change the roof.
Me: "Arh.... I'm not the owner of this house. Maybe you should call my friend cum landlord who is currently at work."
Roof seller: "Can I get his mobile number?"
Me: "No I don't think that's appropriate."
There were also the "I'm-enthusiastic-to-sell-you-something-but-obviously-I-won't-try-hard-enough,-much-to-my-relief" salesmen at the door.
I'm referring to the AAPT guys - it's a telco company.
At 7pm, the doorbell rings. I draw the curtains open to see two MIB standing at the door. Obviously, I was a bit hesitant to open the door cos' it was dark and they were in black suits. So looked as if they were professional hitmen, or like what Aussies say here, "dodgy". But I finally opened the door when they smiled at me. How soft-hearted I am. (haha or *ahem* or bhb or whatever).
Me: "Hi... how you're going?"
Guy: "hi... *fast-forward*... would you like to try out AAPT? I reckon you're on Telstra now... if you switch to AAPT you pay $49 but get $120 worth of calls in a month. Did you see our ads on TV?"
Me: "Yeah I did.... looks cool indeed (ha-ha). But I'm not the owner of the house (always a good excuse, if you've noticed)... would you like to come by later? When my landlord is back home..."
Guy: "Yeah sure.... will come by later."
Me: "What about.... say, 9pm?"
Guy: "Oh I'm afraid we can't do that.... we knock off at 8.30pm. Sorry mate."
*ahem* LOL.
Obviously, there have been funny cases where "genuine" people call during the daytime. Can remember once Glenna called to ask about Spring Feast and I said nothing for 30 seconds. Until she went.... "hulllllloooooo?"
Anyway..... Jason's friend (Gary) came to Perth from Singapore yesterday. Visiting for 10 days I think. Staying with Jason next door. We went to airport to pick him up.... then went to uni... showed him around... went back home.... went out to rent DVDs... went to Northbridge to have dinner with Davin and gang... went to King's Park (will get pictures when I go there again soon, hopefully. c'est tres magnifique)... then headed to Esther's for her surprise birthday party.... by then nearly 1am already.... and watched Ms Congeniality 2... crap movie, if you ask me. Then went sleep. So that's my day... 16 days to Convention, 25 days to home. yeah!
p/s: I really do have to remind myself to drive carefully and safely. I never quite seem to remember that if I get into an accident, I'll make my family and friends worry.... I'll kill myself, my housemate (and his car), whoever is in the car, and other people on the road. Not that anything happened, but yah... just need constant reminders from you all.