Just a short note before I go to my never-finished readings:
Irritated over Valuair
I've changed the Valuair ticket to a Qantas ticket already... But I'm quite upset because I think Valuair has shortchanged us. Because the Qantas ticket only allows 20kg of luggage allowance, and that if we want to change our flight schedules now, we'd have to pay AUD 85 to do so.
The thing is, we bought student tickets in the first place, which is about $100 more expensive than the normal tourist ticket. And why, it's because we have the flexibility to change our dates without any charge, and we have 30kg of baggage allowance. Hence, I'm not amused that our Qantas tickets has become normal passenger tickets. And may I point out that, you can actually buy a Qantas ticket to Perth for $300 return without tax - the Valuair student ticket is more expensive.
As a matter of fact, I'm quite irritated over how Valuair has handled this entire matter. There is no notice of its discontinuation of flights to Perth on its website. And may I ask why was it I found the news out from a friend and the news, rather than from Valuair itself?
Well, I'm (and I'm aware a lot of my friends here) not unreasonable or what, but I'd expect to get what I actually paid for. What I want is a Qantas student ticket, no less. And I'd appreciate if Valuair can give students here a decent explanation for why we have been shortchanged.
Imagine the rude shock I got when Jason and me went to the Qantas office to be told that the luggage allowance is now 20kg and we have to pay AUD 85 to change the dates.
Anyway, if there's any comfort, I'm confirmed on QF 71, leaving Perth 1715hr.... arriving Singapore 2205hr. Date: 11 December 2005.
School work
I had a US History tute presentation on Tuesday, and it went well. Ethan was quite impressed, and he referred to the article I found even during tute discussion proper. "Great!" (American slang)
Fascism essay - I tried getting an extension - it is originally due 17 Oct.
The reply I got from Wade: "Given that an extension has already been given (a mass extension was given from 14 Oct to 17 Oct), I'm not too keen to give one without good reason (the reason I gave was that I had two essays and two tute presentations this week - the best policy, I believe, is to be honest). However, I'm prepared to accept essays up till Friday the week it is due (i.e. 21 October).
Isn't he contradicting himself?
But I don't want to sound like an idiot by e-mailing back, "wah lau.... what u mean HUH? Can make yourself comprehend not?" (well, not in that Singlish + broken English of course). =P
I'll just take it that I can hand in up till 21 October, but I will attempt to get the essay in on 19 October. Not least because US History essay is due up till 28 October, so I got to move fast on Fascism essay you see.
Out of sheer interest, I went to attend the History Honours information session (for 2006). It was good.... got to hear the lecturers talk about their research interest, the areas in which they are looking for honours students, what does it mean to do "Historiography" (the core History seminar) etc. Though maybe it's a bit too early.... I'm only due for Honours in July 2007.
Eh.... that's about it.... back to work.