foot.note

09 October 2005

Feel disgusted with myself today.... I got NO work done today when I got US History tutorial presentation on Tuesday, Global Governance tutorial topic on Wednesday, and the Fascism essay (3000 words) due on Monday 17th October.... ALL of which not done yet.

Still quite jittery over the GG essay due tomorrow at 12pm... am I really answering the question?
I got daryl to read my essay without the question attached and asked him to guess what was I answering...

me: "surely you can pick out some common thread?"
d: "erm... human rights?"
me: "yeah ok getting there... but what about human rights?"
d: "err like giving more human rights will benefit the people? is it? omg i dunno haha"
me: "close close..... yeah should be ok then"

The question is, "How significant are beliefs in universal human rights in explaining attempts towards (and against) democratisation and "responsible governance" in Indonesia and Malaysia in recent years? Can dissimilarities in trajectories of the liberalisation of political culture between these two countries be attributed to differing emphases on the role of human rights in each country?"

I'm still worried about this essay.... especially after Roderic modified the question for me (read previous entry) and it's no small matter as it's 40% of the unit.

Curtin Pasar Malam

Which turned out surprisingly well, I must say - compared to the previous night at UWA.

The vibe was good, the atmosphere was certainly there - especially with the live rock band playing in the background... loved the part when they did a medley of Black Eyed Peas songs, most notably their transition from Let's Get it Started (Retarded) to Shut Up.... so brilliant.

There were no pesky health inspectors - they were probably overwhelmed by the crowd and decided to join in the fun.

And James came back to take the leftover food (which we planned way in advance), and hence we didn't have to inconvenience other OCFers by asking them to do a near-impossible task of storing so many dumplings and paus in their fridges. Thanks James! We owe you so much for your help in Spring Feast and Pasar Malam.

There were no irritating customers either.

And the Curtin OCFers looked after me well haha... Thanks to Chin Wee, John, Ming King, Crystal, Nathan, Irene, Li-Na, Mun Tzin, and so much more (sorry I don't quite remember a lot of Curtin OCFers names... only those in Convention Committee heh).... but we were great as a team.... Hope you had fun as much as I did.... wow I must have processed more than 500 paus in two days.... its a miracle I didn't dream of char siew paus last night.

I must say I got to know John and Chin Wee lots better as we planned these two events out.... =)

Saw a few of my UWA friends in Curtin last night also.... most from Global Governance lecture.

If only I had an extension on my Fascism essay..... I'll do a good job out of it. And that's what I shall ask Wade Matthews (my tutor) on Monday if he's in his office.