foot.note

19 October 2005

And I received a birthday card from Vancouver also... Just saw it under my door when I got back... =) Thanks mabel.... and yah, you're always a good friend of mine too =)

I'm up to 2047 out of 3000 words for my fascism essay at the moment. But will probably have to stop for a while and concentrate on my Australian FP presentation tomorrow.... haven't quite started yet.

Hope my lecturer doesn't hear what I said about her... cos' a few of us were in the Pol Sci office corridor looking at the 2006 units offered... and one of my friends asked: "Who is Sandra Penrose?" And I went... "Oh she's my AFP lecturer and tutor.... I will never do any of her units again." And I kind of went into details.... while oblivious to us standing right in front of her closed office.... she walked out a few minutes later, ostensibly to retrieve some stuff from the administration office.

Don't think I'll be surprised if I get a 50% for my AFP essay now...

Drove back the Lancer for a 2nd day in a row.... haha... It's insatiable.

2006 upper-level Political Science units.
Bold units denote what I'm interested in doing.

Semester 1
POLS 2201 / POLS 3301 Public Policy (Dr Narelle Miragliotta)

POLS 2211 / POLS 3311 History of Political Ideas (Dr David van Mill)

POLS 2214 / POLS 3314 Strategy, Diplomacy and Conflict (Dr Samina Yasmeen)

POLS 2221 / POLS 3321 Key Ideas in World Politics (Dr Sandra Penrose)

POLS 2223 / POLS 3323 Elections, Mass Media and Politics (A/P David Denemark)

POLS 2233 / POLS 3333 International Relations in East Asia (Dr Jie Chen)

Semester 2

POLS 2203 / POLS 3303 Australian Democracy (Dr Bruce Stone)

POLS 2213 / POLS 3313 Australian Foreign Policy (Dr Jie Chen, Dr Sandra Penrose) (currently doing)

POLS 2215 / POLS 3315 Game Theory and Politics (Professor Alex Coram)

POLS 2216 / POLS 3316 Politics in the USA (A/P David Denemark)

SOCS 2228 Democratisation in Asia (Dr Jie Chen, Dr Samina Yasmeen)

POLS 2231 / POLS 3331 Politics of the Mass Media (Dr Narelle Miragliotta)

POLS 2232 / POLS 3332 Global Governance (Dr Roderic Pitty) (currently doing)