Upper level History units offered for 2006:
Semester 1
HIST 2242 / 3342 The Baroque: 17th Century Europe (Dr Susan Broomhall)
HIST 2246 / 3346 Revolution: France 1789 and Russia 1917 (Dr Mark Edele)
HIST 2254 Dynamics of Social Change in Modern China (Dr Esta Ungar)
HIST 2260 Outsiders! Marginal Australians (A/P Charlie Fox)
HIST 2263 Aboriginal Ways of Knowing (Blaze Kwaymullina)
HIST 2275 / 3375 USA from Civil War to Superpower (Dr Ethan Blue)
HIST 2285 The Vikings (A/P Ernie Jones)
HIST 2291 Gender & Sexualities in History (Dr Jacqueline van Gent)
HUMA 2267 Reading Migration (Dr Nicholas Harney)
EURO 2212 Communication and Culture - Survey - From Quills to Mice: History of the Media and Communication (Dr Caroline Finander)
EURO 2232 Communication and Culture - Focus - Dictatorship and Literature (A/P Peter Morgan)
Semester 2
HIST 2204 Medieval England 871 - 1272 (A/P Ernie Jones)
HIST 2214 / 4414 Environment and Technology in Australia: Science, Technology & Environment in Society (Dr Andrea Gaynor)
HIST 2233 History in Fantasy / Fantasy in History (A/P Robert Stuart)
HIST 2243 / 3343 Age of Enlightenment? 18th Century Europe (Dr Susan Broomhall)
HIST 2245 / 3345 Britain in the 20th Century (Dr Giuseppe Finaldi)
HIST 2249 / 3349 White Supremacy (Dr Jeremy Martens)
HIST 2271 Australia and the 1960s (A/P Charlie Fox)
HIST 2277 / 3377 The USA since 1945 (Dr Ethan Blue)
HUMA 2245 Migration and the New Europe (Dr Nicholas Harney)
Ooh... certainly next year's offering is much better than this year, I think. I'm currently doing 090.275 (renamed HIST 2275 from next year) - i.e. American History 1845 - 1945.
There's so many units in the list I'd be interested in...
From a preliminary glance, I'd love to do: HIST 2246, HIST 2254, HIST 2260, EURO 2212, EURO 2232, HIST 2245, HIST 2271, HUMA 2245.
Sigh obviously I can't do all... sigh sigh. There's still units from Political Science, Asian Studies that I'd probably fall in love with... but they aren't out yet. Picked this copy up when I walked past the History office just now... erm. to see whether my bibliography is out there marked already or not.
We're really going on a holiday, right? daryl? =P Keep me posted and excited haha.