foot.note

21 September 2005

I got 84% for my USA history annotated bibliography and essay plan... 15% of the unit =)

40% of the unit computed so far...

0.865 X 25 (Mid-sems) + 0.84 X 15 (Annotated biblio.) = 34.225 / 40 (85.5625%)

This one is dedicated to my dad, whose birthday is on Sunday. =)

And the essay is in remembrance of the forefathers who emigrated from China to San Francisco in the hope that they might find a better life in the New World.

Actually, I think I'm being half-serious when I said that.

Yeah, the essay will look at the Chinese community in San Fran from 1850 to 1950, uncovering how they interacted with existing local discourses of race, class relations, and politics, and then juxtaposed or even challenged them with their own notions of social organisation in their quest for dignity. I will look at the tensions created between their desire for integration into mainstream America, their loyalties to China, and the preservation of their cultural identity.

The lecturer wrote on my plan, "Will, this looks very promising."

And it wasn't me who underlined the "very".

*grins*