Watched this German film called "Downfall" at Orchard Cineleisure in the evening - Jeremy's recommendation. I agree it's a pretty good film; at least it seems historically accurate to me... I mean it does not overdo violence, neither does it trivialise it. Was watching it with xy - she thought it was a bit too long - 2hr 36 minutes to be exact - but I think I quite enjoyed it. Yah I'd recommend "Downfall" - but only if you're interested in history and war films - and you can only catch it at Orchard Cineleisure; there's only one showing a day and J was saying that the film is gonna end its run soon. =)
http://www.downfallthefilm.com/
Urm satisfied my craving for Fish & Co at the Glass House too - especially the fried calamari... had fish & chips again; what's new? I remembered trying the swordfish earlier this year - quite bad and oily. Hmm yeah.
The highlight was that we bumped into our 32/02 civics tutor - Mr Hasim! Somewhere near Meridien Shopping Centre. He recognised me, but he certainly didn't recognise xy. heh. Chatted for about 15 minutes or so... he's now teaching in the Temasek Academy (i.e. IP).. teaching History & Social Studies - and he gets to plan his own syllabus - how cool is that! Obviously he was quite delighted to hear that I'm majoring in Pol Sci and History (his exact majors)... TJ also has a new history tutor (he said), but Mr Thompson and Mr Bala are still teaching HA P1 and P3 respectively.
Tmrw's gonna be a long day. Mum's elder sister Aunty Shirley is coming down from Batu Pahat at 9am tmrw, together with my cousin Rose and her "guy companion" (wonder why my mum phrased that so euphemistically or diplomatically?)... Also, daryl and jw are staying overnight tmrw too! woo hoo. They should be arriving at 2pm or so... so think we're probably all going to Kulai for dinner... =)