foot.note

23 July 2005

Hmm... have been down with flu and cough for the past 3 days.. a bit better now.. but then and again, quite worried about the massive pile of readings that are left untouched... 2nd year arts has less lectures and tutorials, but more readings to cover for each tutorial.

Btw, US History has sth like a 1000-page reader that costs $63... it is not out in Co-Op yet... but when I called them just now, that's what they told me... *sheesh*

Missed rebecca's farewell gathering on thurs night cos' I was down.... felt quite bad about that...

Jeremy and I placed an ad around the uni notice boards to sell our first year Anthropology and Pol. Sci books and they sold out quite fast.... within 3 days, 6 out of 7 books have been sold already. That's good; can get back some $... But I also feel a bit reluctant about selling the books.... It has sentimental value k... especially if they were HD units. Now I know why my dad refuses to sell his 13 year old Honda Accord.... "Boy, you don't understand... it has sentimental value".

Yeah that's it for now... back to Fascism readings.
Fascism is quite difficult to grasp / absorb as a theoretical subject because of its association with "evil", and T4, we tend to "reduce" (reductionism) it...

The lecturer (A/P Rob Stuart) was like,
"Fascism is NOT Nazism, Nazism is NOT Hitler, Hitler is NOT Anti-Semitism, Anti-Semitism is NOT Auschwitz".

Oh well.