And London won the right to host the 2012 Olympics by just 4 votes. Really thought Paris would win; but still, London is cool. Hmm let's see... I'd be 27 years old (!!) in 2012... hope I'll be posted to the embassy in London or on continental Europe by then. I'm imagining that I'm presenting my credidentials to the Queen haha. Anyway, I've got no interest in the next Olympics. heh.
Was quite disturbed over 2 incidents that has happened / been happening in Malaysia of late.
First, there was a serious "accident" a few days ago in Baling (Kedah) where a lorry rammed head-on into a security vehicle (those that transport $ to and fro from banks etc). 2 people (security officers) died. Though it appears to have been an accident at first sight, it now seems that it is far from the case as RM 1 million has disappeared from the security van. And the lorry was reported stolen by the owner a few days before the accident. Yeah, seems like a deliberate accident (murder?) to commit robbery...
And then there's the crackdown of this supposedly deviationist cult called Sky Kingdom in the north (Terengganu) as well. Apparently, it dissents from Islamic teachings by mixing up all sorts of religions in its practices - i.e. syncretism - rings a bell, jeremy? :x I think this is authoritarianism at work here. Ok I better not say too much; otherwise police might use ISA against me or something like that. Would be nice to do an Asian Studies unit on control and governance + media representations of "cults" in SEA though.