You see, I don't mean to be ethnocentric, or even a racist... but it was really hard to ignore the fact that when the library closed at 11pm yesterday, around 8 out of 10 people walking out from it were Asians. Yeah I was mugging away from noon all the way up to 11pm with the other OCFers. I think there were at least 20 OCFers in the library yesterday... Well, I shall err on the safe side and assume the Aussies are studying at home. After all, the weather's cold right? And nobody really wants to be caught outside when it rains. Case closed.
No more going to Taipei. Air ticket to expensive. Will drive up to the East Coast in my dad's Honda Accord instead.
And I'm also trying to apply for the Transition Support Programme (TSP) study group leader next semester... basically, you lead a group of 3 to 8 people in a first-year unit which you've (I've) already done... minimum requirements: > 70% for the unit, and "good intercommunication skills" - whatever that means. The really good thing is that it pays $28.57 (!) per hour... wonder how they arrived at such a weird figure.
Yeah, and I was looking at my tjc testimonial yesterday... and I was really quite freaked out by the fact that my CT kind of directly answered the "job requirements", not to mention the international school stint that I did last year...
Mr Hasim said: "... He served as a tutor in the Muhammadiyah Welfare Home, where he gave weekly free tuition to the children under his charge. In providing these services, he proved to be responsible & reliable..."
And there was the usual stuff about "good analysis of historical concepts" ya da ya da.
Ms Harris (my ex-colleage) said: "Mr Lee always defers to his superiors...." (well, I can be quite revolutionary if I want to... like, sabotaging that woman with a pointed nose Head of Department i.e. Linda Howard).
"particularly helpful in the classroom and with dealing personally with children who need extra assistance".
"interacts well with the children while retaining a professional distance...."
"particular capability when helping ESL (English as a Second Language) students."
Oh well, hope I wasn't a slave for 6 months for nothing. Going to hand in my application now and hope I do get the tutoring job...