foot.note

23 June 2005

Sometimes I'm not quite sure whether the SQ offers are all but a sham, or you've got to be really quick. I saw the $328 (two-way) offer to Taipei again on www.airfares.com.sg, and the offer only started yesterday. So I quickly pounced on it and sent in the booking for my preferred dates... But when I looked at other websites (like zuji - which has a "checking the availability" function), I realised I can fly out on that date, but there are no flights coming back from Taipei at the offer price, and on my preferred date. Grumble. Hope that this airfares.com.sg has some more cheap tickets (maybe it goes by a quota basis? Like, one travel agent has so many tickets etc.)

And btw, Taipei is SO popular a destination arh? *puzzled*

Anyway, I'm moving out on 17 July, asap after I come back from Singapore. And I'm pretty relieved as well actually. Moving into david's and jason's place at Martin Avenue - will provide details in time to come. Have been packing my stuff and there's so much rubbish lying around... and doing crazy things like finding a piece of sock and wondering aloud, "Hmm. Now where did the other sock disappear to?" lol. Also stumbled across those farewell cards / stuff I received last year... kind of read them again, and I realised, whoever you are and whatever you wrote, I'm glad to say that whatever you guys (or gals?) said about keeping in touch and maintaining these good friendships... they're still intact, and in some cases, urm developed even further. =)

Came across a photo which was taken with a few 32/02 peeps... was lying around in a drawer. Inside it, there was me, marc, bk, joy, liting, and xy... was taken during CNY 2003 celebrations. Had a good look at it... cos' it brought back a lot of good memories. yeap.

I think, I owe Peter quite a big favour... cos' he's moving out, so I can move in. He's graduating this semester, but he intends to stay on till September (which is the convocation)... he's told me a few of his options.. and he kept on reassuring me not to feel guilty. Cos I really do. I feel like I'm the devil here. And I'm quite aware that I could be a bit impulsive by moving out... but I really really couldn't be bothered. I mean like, look, if I can NOT acknowledge and refuse to see that simei "uncle" even after more than 3 years, I must be pretty stubborn. But I think, some things cannot be forgiven (even if he doesn't desire my forgiveness)... not to say cannot be forgiven, cos' I think time heals all wounds, but I don't think I can ever bring myself to forget what happened. And because of that, I will never see / acknowledge / forgive him even though everyone in the (extended) family is asking me to. Yeah.

But you see the paradox here? I'm unwilling to erase what my uncle did to me, but I'm more than happy to erase what my dad did. Cos I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost (in the above context, only a limited few will know what I'm talking about, and of cos' in the literal context) my dad... and my mum for that matter.

But honestly, who am I to forgive? I've done many wrong things myself.