The good news is that I somehow managed to get my Valuair flight on 16th July (sat)... don't know how my mum did it... so yeap, we're back to leaving s'pore on 16 July.
The bad news is that the cheap SQ flight to Taipei has been sold out... and I was told to "consider" a not very cheap China Airlines flight... well, it really isn't cheap. So... hmm I don't really know. They confirmed it was the cheapest price they could get for those days I wanna leave and return. So I'll just send one last e-mail to ask them if I could get cheaper tickets on other dates... if not, oh well, just go Genting loh. At least I could drive. heh.
We had some kind of history study session yesterday... not really a study session, just met at the Reid Cafe to discuss the broad themes, and how to answer questions that we made up ourselves haha. I realised, and it wasn't just only me who realised, that I'm quite hostile to people who don't really quite seem up to the mark in Arts subjects... Like, they would say sth, and I would say another thing - and I'm always convinced I'm right. And the thing is, I'd be completely grumpy with a black face during such study sessions... and strangely, I'm quite proud of it.
So much for "smartness". I think I'm equally stupid as well... but that's another matter all together.
Coming back to "smartness", I kind of feel quite bad for partaking in conjuring up all those wacky ideas that some other people in our history tute are capable of coming out of. You see, I've heard things in tutes like:
"So, if Hitler was a horrible man and he killed so many Jews, how could he possibly be seen as good?"
Over dinner yesterday with Jeremy yesterday, I came out with sth that he or she could possibly say.
"Now, so you see, Saddam Hussein is a bad man. And George Bush is a good man. So, good opposes bad right? So we had USA invading Iraq, and now we've got all this violence and insurgency in Iraq. And where did all this violence come from?"
Before I provided the answer, I had to make sure he had finished drinking his water. Otherwise, ...
Ans: "World War One".
Anyway, if you don't get the haha... it's ok. Let's just say that I'm kind of attracted to girls who are smart. I realised that quite some time ago.
So I presume everyone in Aust. are being vouyeurs with Big Brother on the screens now, especially the uncut version. Basically, BB is a show that originates from Britain, where you've got all these housemates trying to vote each other out. To put it even more "basically", it's just sex and flirting. The uncut version starts at 9.40pm, on Channel 10 (National TV mind you), and it's just quite... *shrugs* I don't really know. There was a scene where they were all bathing together, and Aust. was treated to full frontal nudity of men and women. And 9.40pm is not a time to show such stuff. Wait a minute, if it's 9.40pm in Perth, it's 11.40pm in Sydney... hmm, so maybe that makes sense. And it's not just a passing peek-a-boo or something... and there was a scene where the female contestants tried to stimulate themselves by using a water hose or something. I'm inclined to think that TV should be allowed to show whatever they want, but I'm not too sure why would anyone want to do such things on national TV with (at least) 10 million people or sth watching along. Ok now let's assume you win lah, and you go shopping... wonder what people would say behind your back.
I shall endeavour to finish studying European Studies today.