foot.note

22 June 2005

Feeling quite pissed now... Was asking my landlord whether I could get a cheaper rate on my rent during the 3 weeks I'm away... and he was like adamantly "no". I mean I know I'm obliged to pay full rent, but it was the whole vibe that he was sending out which seemed to me like as if I'm always the one that's giving in in the house. It's like, after one year, it still doesn't seem that I feel "housemate-y" enough, if you get what I mean. I don't understand why these kinda things have to happen just before I go back, last year it was THAT, and now this time, I've got THIS to make me unhappy. And it was like, my face turned instantly black loh, since you probably realised that I'm hopeless in trying to conceal my mood.

I think I want out already... have been discussing with a few friends about this for a month already, but I've never really wrote it on my blog. Let's just say I do have a place that I'm thinking of, and that the 3 occupants in that place are what I'd call "good friends", and one of 'em is graduating this semester. And they do know of my intentions already. The problem I guess, is "when?", since I've got a flight to catch on saturday.

Anyway, we caught Batman Begins yesterday at Innaloo Greater Union. Rebecca, Andrea, Andrew, Peter, Lydia, Joseph and me... I think it's a really good show, do catch it if you haven't. Was quite funny when they were advertising the Proton Gen.2 (it's a car btw) during the pre-show ads... and from across the corner I could hear Peter going, "hey will! I'm so proud to be a malaysian."... And I was laughing tersely cos' the sordid truth is that while the Gen.2 looks somewhat pretty, I've heard more comments that the spare parts don't seem to be functioning properly, and that there are also coordination problems with the car haha.