foot.note

21 May 2005

All right.. time to write something. It's been one week since I blogged..

- Went to see the uni doc. on Monday... didn't get any medicine, but I got a valuable piece of paper called the MC, which writes "this is to certify... is unfit for studies from 8th to 16th May because of a viral illness." So it's a backdated MC, and I'm supposed to use that to "claim" an extension. Which I promptly did of course. My History essay is now extended to next Friday, my Euro. Studies essay is extended to Tuesday, of which I finished writing yesterday. I must add that my tutors were nice people.. cos all of them asked, "So, when do you wish to hand in your essay?", or "Oh you poor thing.. yeah the weather's pretty bad lately."

- Bryan McFadden and Delta Goodrem's "Almost Here" keeps on playing in my head over and over again... I know it's a popular song (especially here)... Also Black Eyed Peas "Don't Funk With My Heart", and Maroon 5's "Must Get Out"... I already liked the song before it was released as a single, cos' I kept that song on repeat mode on the CD player. "Songs about Jane" is a really good album.

- A water pipeline burst last Friday afternoon, and water equivalent to 9 Olympic-sized swimming pools flooded the Kwinana freeway - that's the main artery going out of Perth down south I think. And it caused a massive massive traffic jam all over Perth... even worse than the usual KL ones.

- If you're in Oz, there's no way you could have escaped hearing the news that Kylie Minogue has contracted breast cancer. She just underwent surgery in Melbourne, and everyone seems to be so much more aware about breast cancer.

- I'm just wondering how am I gonna do my History essay... I've picked a 9-word question, and I'm supposed to churn out a 3000 word essay. The qn is: "Why is 1930s Russia referred to as 'extraordinary times'"? Of course, the phrase "extraordinary times" is coined by Sheila Fitzpatrick, who wrote a book called "Ordinary lives in extraordinary times: Stalinist Russia in the 1930s"... that kind of means I've have to make my way through all 227-pages of the book at least, and I'm only at pg. 32 I think. Not to mention all the other research you've got to do.

- Had dim sum with the Convention peeps today.... and yeah, it was so good haha. Though I think the dim sum near my place is still better though... I might be biased. Possibly watching Star Wars tmrw as well - the first film I'm watching in a cinema over here, and like, the last film I watched in a cinema was like Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban? That's like in June 2004 heh. Suddenly I feel like backing out, but I've already promised I would go. And I don't really like to abandon ("pang seh") people... so...