foot.note

06 April 2005

Was pissed off by two people today. And it really made me think about home.

During A101 tute, Chester, Jeremy and I were sitting together. The tutor was allocating groups for the next assignment, and she suggested that the class do it with those whom they are not familar with. So she pulled Jeremy out from the group (of 3), and placed another girl with Chester and me. And this girl.. she's such a b. It's like, the way she talks is as though we are poorly informed about stuff, shallow. Not that she's superior or what. I just sat there and gave a grouchy look while Chester dealt with her as to when to meet up and stuff. This is what I'll do when we meet up: I'll purposely talk in my s'pore slang and don't care whether she understands me or not.

And then Jeremy and I were having lunch at the Refectory just now. At the stall, the woman asked whether if I wanted rice or noodles. I said "I want mixed rice & noodles." And she went again, "Rice or noodles?" I said mixed. And she asked, "Rice or noodles?" I said mixed.

She then just dished out only the noodles. AND she rolled her eyes. I clearly saw that. That is a very rude thing to do yah.

And I went like, "I SAID I WANTED MIXED NOODLES AND RICE!"

While thinking, "Aren't you the one who doesn't understand english?"

She finally got it right but I was totally pissed off already.

To an unrelated topic, I realised that words have a very powerful impact on me. For one, I keep sms-es that are "perfectly crafted by the human soul", and I always delete off chain sms-es like "friends are green, and roses are blue..." (you get the idea). What could be more meaningful than to hear / read something that comes only from your heart?

And that I do remember words said to me from bygone eras, whether or not they (or I) still think they hold water. Especially absolutist statements like "never". Thinking about such a statement that I said about several years ago, and things were never the same again. Not that it still matters, but.. yeah. I've too photographic a memory.