Nothing of particular importance to note except that Abdullah Badawi is currently in Australia - first visit by a Malaysian PM in 20 years. He'll be visiting Canberra and Sydney. Was watching the lateline news last night showing him walking down the steps of a massive jumbo Malaysian plane. That's also the reason why John Howard is not attending the funeral of the Pope, which is taking place on Friday.
End of the week. Just that tmrw I'll have to watch The Promise in school, some German film (not a documentary) about the separation, and unification of Germany during the Cold War. Not just physical walls, but divisions of attitudes, and values between East and West too. For tutorial next week. And I've to figure out how to do my 1500 word ES assignment which is due next Thursday as well. Qn: In Once Upon the River Love, Andrei Makine uses Belmondo and the "Russified Chinese" to represent West and East respectively. Discuss the function of this contrast in the novel.
Thought of writing my own novel one day. But I'm sure it just won't sell haha. If I had time to write a novel, it'd be about love. Definitely. I had a knack for tragic conclusions in my primary school compositions, and my teacher noted that. If I wrote a love novel, it'd be a very subtle one - i.e. not explicit love, but love by implication. Partly erotic, but not erotic in that vouyerist manner, but terribly sensual, and a lot of focus on character development instead of plot. Remember my favourite bedtime story? "Once upon a time, they lived happily ever after." =)