foot.note

28 April 2005

I've got a vague sense that complacency is starting to sink in... cos' I got a 76% for my European Studies essay. Yeah I know it's a D, but I really thought this would be above 80. And as I was collecting my essay from the stack at the office, I saw some ppl got 78%... the highest appeared to be a 80%... and he or she got a star sticker from the tutor. Grumble grumble. I want to have a star as well. This assignment is 15% of the unit... there was a online quiz on referencing techniques that was worth 5%... and I got all correct... so if you balance out the 15% essay, and the 5% online quiz... I'm still sitting in HD territory... for the moment.

Sometimes I kind of resent being in the Convention committee.. cos the meetings zaps up my Saturdays... time which can be spent doing more readings. The rest of the committee are really nice people though... I don't think anyone from the committee looks at my blog, so I guess it's safe to say that. And sometimes, it sounds a bit hollow as well.. the reasons others in the fellowship give to me... stuff like "oh you know.. everything comes from God and all..." Yes, everything comes from God .. but I just don't appreciate the way they phrase it to me... I guess it stems from wanting to be in control of everything...

Ok let's phrase it in another way. Which sounds more logical?
Less time spent on studies, more time spent on God's work = better academic results?

or

More time spent on studies, less time spent on God's work = better academic results?
- But at what expense? Being a loner? Would I rather sacrifice my friendships (I sense a blurring between fellowship and friendship over here, and not too sure where God comes into this equation as well) and assume that I could do much better than I am now?

Oh what the crap. I'm thinking too much again.