foot.note

21 April 2005

Had an appointment with the Anthrop unit coordinator at 9.30am today... so basically, she reviewed the essay again and I got the sense she was trying to say "too complex for a first year essay till it looks a lil' bit off tangent"... Ok, I shall know my place the next time.

BUT but, she thought that if I altered my introduction to make it clearer, it'd have definitely been a HD essay. So, I got an upward revision from 60% to 69% =) To a high credit lah basically. 69% is not 1% less than 70%; it is the dividing line between a credit and a distinction. Yeah.. so I'll do better next time and I'm sure that I can. Starting to realise that I'm pretty good at writing essays...

As I looked at the alteration on my cover sheet, it makes me feel that I've got the autograph of Robbie Williams... because the unit coordinator is Raelene Wilding, and the way she writes RW is exactly like the cover of one of his albums... can't remember which one.

This incident gave me renewed faith in this thing called "review", and "appeal" - something that seems to be a smokescreen back at home. I don't remember being successful in any sort of appeal in S'pore... really.. no matter how good my reasons are.

I also remember, for the benefit of mankind, to deliver our (it's confirmed it's not just me alone) grouses about the tutor, in a diplomatic way of course. That "she gives the impression that she is not prepared, and I do hope I'm wrong...." heh.

Mum called yesterday again... and she said...

"Hey boy, Rose and her bf are..." (Rose is my direct cousin... mum's 3rd sister's daughter)

And I interrupted her - "Getting married?"

She said, "No.. they broke up.. Aunty Shirley visited us today and she said that to me."

And.. they've been together for god-knows-when... I'm sure it's at least 5 years. Hmm.. why why.

History essay was completed at midnight just now... took me about 6 hours to do so, including dinner, 30 minutes of Simpsons, and bathing. Relieved cos' the deadline's tmrw and I've got 'em settled. The topic I've decided to do is: "In what ways was WWI the 'seminal catastrophe" of Europe's 20th Century?"... Hope it does well.

Lastly (but not least), I know that NUS exams start tmrw... so yeah, hope that things go out well for you all... think it's only mabz and val I'm talking to here... I'm sure things will be fine. =) Not too sure when NTU and SMU exams are...