Think that was my first attempt at writing a poem in my life haha. I was thinking about the fact that it has been a month since I left for Perth and I was trying to recall where I last saw your faces. It then zoomed in on the airport. And I was like, "The airport. So many things happened there, and these were important, may I say, milestones in my life... It's like a plethora of emotions, heh?"
And so I wrote it. Yeah, that's about it. The ending is a pretty powerful play of words, eh? The initial portions look quite "story-telling", the middle gets a bit more subtler, and the ending talks about a time warp which is symbolised by a pendulum that is stopped in its tracks.
And of course, love's greatest lesson.
Ok. Enough of poetry. Happy birthday to my brother, who turned 17 yesterday.
Today was a terribly "melt down" day. We reached our highest of 41.9 C (!) at 1.33pm today.
History lecture on Socialism by another lecturer, who has been teaching here since 1975. And he was like, "I'm going to teach these two lecturers on Socialism from the vantage point of a Marxist. Yes, I am one."
You could imagine the look on just about everyone's faces. A committed Marxist even till this day?
He said, "I've done research on French Socialism for 30 years." (!)
Oh well.