Quite a lot of things to ramble about, but I'll try to keep it short.
Freshies' welcome on Tuesday night was a blast. Luckily I went, o/wise I'd have missed out on so much fun. I'm not too sure whether I'm getting old (can't run fast enough) during that blow-wind-blow game we played - but I ended up not finding a seat four (!) times, in order to "qualify" for a forfeit, you needed three times. Erm. Basically, you sit around a circle (which was like 50+ ppl that night), and someone stands in the middle and say, "Blow-wind-blow, blow... let's say, everyone who is wearing a collared shirt." So everyone with a collared shirt has to get their butts out of their seats and run to another seat (not the seat to your left or right though). The idea is a bit like musical chairs I think, in which there'll always be one person who won't be fast enough.
Embarrassingly enough, I had to write Overseas Christian Fellowship with my butt and together with another person who was forfeited, who turned out to be Jane, our president. While I don't wish to be reminded of the humbling feeling I had, I think it was a really great day to what otherwise would be a boring day.
Jessica gave a little present to me (she's leaving this saturday) and a card. Kind of flattered cos' I didn't remember a lot of other ppl receiving anything from her that night. Thanks for the card and the book inside. I think I should try to read what people give me as presents.. as in, I never get around to read the books that I receive for Christmas, etc etc.
Found someone who actually has the same thoughts as me in Samuel. Never really thought that anyone out here could be thinking about what I am, really. I guess the thing is to voice your thoughts more, cos you never know when you could find a mind that thinks and aspires alike.
Today's Thursday and I had four lectures in a row, starting from 11am... all the way to 2.45pm. But it wasn't boring at all, to say the least. For ES, we were given blank maps of Europe and had to pair up to fill in the cities and countries of Europe. Of course, i was (am) very familiar with the German cities (Frankfurt, Bonn, Berlin, Hamburg, ...) and most of Western Europe, but we (+ the dude which I paired up with) had problems with the Central and Eastern parts of Europe, such as Hungary, Slovenia, Latvia, Macedonia and the likes. And to think I completed ES 102 last semester already.
Politics was pretty interesting also. This unit's about liberalism, and what it means to be liberal, and the beliefs that liberals hold, such as to be rational. Think the lecturer was very interesting, cos he made use of so many points that I'd have dismissed in the first place. Imagine Paris Hilton. I'd think that she's trash, but the lecturer said she's rational in the sense that she is free and liberal enough to go for what she wants (e.g. Prince Harry)... and I could imagine a lot of people (me included) thinking that gee, that's so irrational and politically incorrect. Liberals are NOT interested in whether your goals are rational per se, they believe in free choice, the right to pursue your own goals etc.
Try this. http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/country_europe_G2_drag-drop.html - just to see how much do we know about where the countries of Europe are located. I was embarrassed with a 59% accuracy when I tried it.
And before I could say "help", I'm already buried under what could be possibly 200 pages for next week's tutorials. Good luck to me.