My brother Kevin got a 19 for his L1R5, which I think is a pretty decent result, given he had sth like 25 for his prelims. I was on the phone yesterday and I remembered telling him that he should go to Innova JC if he is deciding on a JC. Anyway, I'm sure he already thought about that, since his gf spent her first 3 months at IJC and is continuing on there. Btw, she got a 15. Wonder what it feels like to be outdone by your gf. So, congrats yah =) Like I told my mum a few days before, we should be hoping for a result "that would give us lots of space to manoevure around his options". And I think with 19, it is certainly possible - of course it precludes HCJC and the likes duh. Not too sure whether if he's considering poly though.
We had a surprise farewell party for Jessica yesterday night as well - think she's finished her Psychology degree and she'll be leaving back for KL in March, which incidentally, happens to be the start of it. *bleah*
I had my first lectures for this semester today, Anthropology 101 (and hence forth be known as A101) at 12pm, and Political Science 101 (PS) at 2pm.
Both turned out to be very dry, which I think will certainly set the tone for this semester. The 101(s) are very theoretical, compared to the 102(s) last semester, which focused a lot on contemporary issues and developments.
The unit title for PS 101 is "The Liberal Democratic State", and A101 is "Being Human: Culture, Identity and Social Life".
I say it's dry because as I'm flipping thru' the assignment pages in the unit outline, it has an textual analysis assignment with a question called, "Describe the essential features of John Stuart Mill's argument about the proper limits to the authority of the state."
Or what about, looking at the essay questions,
"Why has the British parliamentary system been described as an 'elective dictatorship'? Is this a fair description of that system?"
Huh?
I do know where an absolute dictatorship exists though...
Out from here. We've got freshies welcome at 7.30pm at Subiaco Church later. Long day. Better get some of my readings done before I go.