foot.note

11 March 2005

Mum gave those one of her very long speeches over the phone yesterday. Lasted about half an hour I think.

Then she asked one of those questions which I've never seemed to hear from her before:

"Have you met any simple and nice Australian girl yet?"

Note the three defining characteristics she has of an ideal girl. haha.

To that I told her,
"Actually, no. And I seem to be self-consciously avoiding girls, or rather not taking the effort to know girls whom I have contact with over here on a more deeper level. I do think I know why I am doing this though. Because one, I don't want to be caught in a web, get hurt again and two, I don't want anything to come into my way of getting all my HDs."

Apparently the past still features quite strongly in my mind.

Time to go for lunch. =)