Long weekend it surely is. Woke up this morning, peered through the main door and saw that the library was open, and so here I am. Everything else is close though, today being Easter Monday - a public & a university holiday.
Here's what happened during the weekend.
Friday went to South Perth foreshore with most of the ppl in OCF Perth. My housemate Fan came along too. The shore is so beautiful.. you get to look at swans, the Perth City skyline is just opposite, ppl sailing blah blah. Played soccer for like (?) hours, and came back with a very sore foot and somewhat crushed toe. Oh, yah attended church in the morning as well... surprisingly, it only lasted an hour.
Saturday. Had convention meeting at Lindy's place at Bullcreek. Took quite long but it was productive I guess. We're having the Convention retreat on 24 - 26 June.. so I guess it'd be safe to assume that my flight back is somewhere between 27 June to 30 June - that depends on French lesson again. Should be flying back to Perth on 16 July - that means, a blitzkrieg 2.5 weeks in Singapore. Yeap. This is bad yah.. thinking of home when it's only week 4 (out of 13 teaching weeks) in the semester. =X
Sunday. Easter Sunday. Went church again.. and had lunch with the guys at Vinh Hong at Northbridge. After time, you'll realise that you can deftly ramble off all the Vietnamese restaurants' names over here in Perth.. haha.
Oh... and my dad accepted the Lord last week I think. My mum was telling me over the phone on Thursday night. God does things in ways you could never really imagine. Whatever that happened, it's now over, buried in the sand. And I really thank the Lord cos' you don't know how I felt then. It was like, so on the brink. And yes, it was this close to ripping my family apart - my mum said after hearing his confession to the pastor. The pastors and church elders have been really wonderful in helping my dad get on track again, helping him to pray etc. Yeah... This probably means that the whole family has accepted the Lord.. over a period of like 10 years? My mum first, then my brother, then sister, then me, and finally my dad. Should be baptised at the end of the year.
And besides being happy for what God has done for my family, I'm a happy boy too =)