I have to comment on something, and that is the History 121 tutorial reader.
Firstly, it's the thickest tute reader I've ever seen yet - 717 pages (!), which cost like $37.30. Flipping through the pages, you'll realise that it isn't really 717 pages you're reading across 12 tutorials this semester. Because they printed like two pages of readings into one side - so it is easily a 1000 page reader.
Secondly, whoever compiled this reader has no brains to separate them into two or three parts, so that we would be spared the hassle of having to drag such a thick book to tutorials every week. The reader is so darn thick and heavy.
Lastly, is the obvious difficulty in trying to make sense of the readings. Next week tutorial has 65 pages of reading, and I've only done 28 pages of them. Nothing surprising, but if you consider I took like 7 hours just to read 28 pages, sth is very wrong with this. From 9.30pm to 3am this morning, and from 10.30am to 12.45pm today.
I could actually cry reading them yah. The font size is so small... and the content is so dry. Suddenly, I feel very ambivalent towards history.
Jeremy said, "aiyah. If we can't make much of this, you really think they can do any better meh?"
Well, he has a point.. But, ...
And need I say this is just one unit out of four?