Met up with jeremy (at long last) at Northpoint... had banana crumble and chips (read: high tea =P) at the Swensen's there. I could imagine the next time when we meet up again: at the Guild cafe eating mixed fried rice and noodles, together with some *bleah* vegetarian stuff. And talking about some Anthropology tutorial where some girl talked about "virtual hugs" as a positive effect of globalisation. Hah. Virtual hugs. lol.
The fireworks are all over the place in my neighbourhood again.. it's the 8th day of CNY right? What's so special about the 8th day anyway? Heard some relative talk about it.. but I can't really recall now. And it's even louder and brighter than the fireworks I saw on the 1st day.
I just spent 5 minutes peering out of the window. heh.
And then, I had dinner with jw and daryl at causeway point. At crystal jade restaurant. The soles of my shoes (or rather, my brother's shoes) started giving way - both of them. And it started leaving rubber droppings all over the whole place - under the table, inside Music Junction (where I bought Maroon 5's Songs About Jane CD). I left both entire soles under the table at Crystal Jade. sheesh. how uncivilised.
Made an emergency stop at Bata's. Looked for a pair of cheap sandals.
"Can you cut off the "string" in the middle of the sandals? I need to wear 'em now."
Luckily, the guy over the counter did not stretch his head up front. Otherwise, he'd seen that both of my shoes had already given away. But he still gave me a weird look though haha. Tossed the shoes into a dustbin. Thou shall not buy Power shoes in future.
The Maroon 5 CD is really good. Listening to "Sunday Morning" now. But I say that of every CD I buy anyway, including the S Club CDs which I bought a few years back. Now I see them and go, "Did I really buy that?". D and I were talking about lugging our (quite substantial) collection of CDs to Gramophone and hopefully, they might pay us $20 each for our CDs - I've got more than 100.
It's the same kind of embarrassment I get when I think about the past too. Things like, "I had a crush on her? yuck." But such enlightenment only comes with the benefit of hindsight, so...
I still see fireworks across the road.