foot.note

12 February 2005

In KL blogging away right now... in room 1801 of the Concorde Hotel KL to be exact. Really love this place - I dare say I've stayed here about 20 times or so already. The last time I was here was during Christmas last year. Then, I found out that they've installed broadband service and a whole host of nice little-extras in their Premier rooms. And this time, I've come prepared with my laptop to KL. It's the first time in my life I get to surf the internet from the hotel room, and "free" at that. Kind of really excited here. My KL relatives always give us that "isn't-there-any-other-hotel-in-KL" look everytime when they ask us where we've put ourselves up. I love it's so-convenient location, the familiar live band at the lobby area, but more importantly, it's quite good value for money - esp. when the ringgit is sliding against every other major currency at the moment.

I drove all the way up to KL... all 330km of it. That was a record-breaking feat by me - longest continuous stretch of road I've driven yet. You'll see that in order to drive non-stop on the NS Highway, you need total, total concentration. Especially at speeds of between 110kmh to 130kmh, where people drive as if they're on some Daytona game, and on a monotonous stretch at scorching temperatures of 34 C or so outside. Nearly kissed into the car in front of me when I was approaching the KL toll plaza (Sungai Plaza) - because cars follow each other very closely at high speeds along that stretch mah. Then suddenly the car in front braked, I saw that coming, but I only applied a gradual break initially... obviously I underestimated, cos our car ended up moving quite close to the car in front. It was only then I applied more brake.. luckily there was no car behind me. heh.

And then, everyone in the car woke up. heh.

Drove straight into Ampang, where we picked Auntie Molly up so she could bring us to cousin Belle's (Moon's sister) at Bangsar. The usual topics over yum cha, bak kwa and more chips: maids - illegal or otherwise, Aunty Lily being nearly conned by some conman at Takashimaya (those "oh you've won a 7 days holiday to Austria scam"), and Malaysian politics. Left their place, checked in at the Concorde, and had dinner with Auntie Molly and Lily at some restaurant near Ampang.

I'm feeling pretty unreasonable these days... or what someone, rather euphemistically, refers to as the "spolit brat" mood. Another refers to that particular trait of mine as the "sec 4 cheowlit". I can't believe I actually walked out of the car when my brother would not let me sit in the front seat. geez. Kind of argued quite badly over that, but everything's ok right now. That was such a childish thing to do... sigh. Anyway, he's catching the first express bus that leaves for S'pore on Sunday morning, so that he can meet her for their V Day date. While the rest of us drive our way down south later in the day, and stop by at Aunty Shirley's place at Batu Pahat for dinner.

I have this feeling that the above blog entry is unusually boring and bland. Not to say that the rest are interesting in any way though...