I didn't realise that having a girlfriend could create so much bloodshed in the family.
Well, my brother has fixed his Valentine's date with his gf on saturday; monday being a erm, school day. It so turned out that we'll be in KL on saturday as well - so he said he didn't want to go to KL.
That of course, hit some raw nerve in the traditionalists in my family. Of course, me being one of them. "CNY must go together as a family one! How can don't go? What will my mother (i.e. my grandmother) think of us?"
Me, in a very maddeningly calm drone: "Well, if your girlfriend understands, I'm sure she will understand the circumstances of the situation. Any day could be Valentine's Day waddddd...."
Dad: "Dear arh, if he wants to go out with her, let him go loh..."
So it's like, each of us have our own thing to say about him not wanting to go up to KL. Then my mother started applying force on him, and I added some more fire by saying sth like "i think you should remember that a girlfriend could walk out on you in the blink of an eye, but you can't exactly change your family like changing clothes like that..."
Fast forward... anyway, he went to call her up and now he's postponed it to sunday. But now that means we'd have to rush down from KL bright and early, so he can go for his V Day date. Of course, I will never fully understand why is he so overly concerned about the date though.
Tag-board actually censors off words which "they" think is obscene. Peering at mabz's tags now, there's one up there in which she said:
1. that's 1*beep*2 early u have to wake up.. have a good trip ya! i want dim sum frm HK! =)
I think you meant "that's damn early...."
2. mabz: i see someone is 1*beep*2... hmmm
Pissed? Insulted? Whatever.
We went to cousin Moon's place today, and then we went over to my dad's cousin's place at River Valley Road, but no one was in, so he'll have to come over to JB and visit us now. Drove east to Expo, where I met Fan to take back my driving license... At least now, I can drive with a peace of mind and not having to wonder whether police is gonna stop me and ask me "where is your license?". Oh yah, I made a turn into TJC on the way to Expo.. still looks the same - esp. those Passion, Purpose and Drive banners hanging in front of the hall. From Expo... zip back to JB - had dinner, visited dad's eldest sister and Auntie Suzanna (prob. the wrong spelling - mum's friend who lives opposite my auntie). I must tell myself to be more patient when I'm on the road... relax. I'm like so eager not to let people cut into my lane... hurray for automatic cars. Can't imagine me stuck in some causeway jam and I'm using a manual car. Really loved it when I was zipping down the ECP at 90km/h and the radio is playing Sugababes "Too Lost In You" =)