Happy Chinese New Year! You can now cheat and re-make resolutions for the new year if you've already decided that ur Romanised 2005 resolutions are probably not gonna work out right =) Anyway, I don't really quite make resolutions anymore... just go with the flow and see what happens loh heh.
Really loud firecrackers around here, esp. when it struck midnight. There were so many (obviously very well-to-do) ppl around here letting off firecrackers that were so lavish, I thought it rivalled that of Chinatown... it's either that or they print money to afford the fireworks. And we were just content to stand in front of our place and watch other neighbours' fireworks displays. Fireworks are probably not banned around here, or rather, I think the authorities close two eyes to it. All of them are smuggled in from the north, i.e. Thailand to Penang and down southwards.
Went driving! Illegally of course, since I left my driving license in Perth.. but I've asked Fan to bring it back for me when he came back abt a week ago - but yet to collect it from him. Circled one round the neighbourhood (that's about 15km+ or so) with my dad in our pretty Honda Civic, and went for a second round, this time with my brother and sister at the back. Managed to do about 60kmh, and I'm very pleased with myself. =) That happened just now, say, about 12.45am or so?
And I was pretty happy to hear from marc yesterday... have fun in Bangkok! Glad to hear that another person enjoys backpacking, and loves the wonders of walking around alone and getting lost. Really hope to get the opportunity to visit ya in BKK when I come back during mid-year... =)
As for today, I think we're going to my dad's eldest sister's place first. Not too sure what's happening for the rest of the day. Anyway, have a happy holiday. =)