foot.note

29 January 2005

Well, I went out to get my stitch taken out this afternoon... and Ansgar only took 10 seconds for that. *wow* Hung around at kinokuniya by myself for an hour or so until jw and daryl arrived. Met up at topshop at wisma atria... and we had dinner at this Indonesian shop at Cineleisure. Price is reasonable, but the $3 we paid for some mango and lots of ice was totally not worth it. Yah I know, it's still better than the idea-less me, who can only suggest eating at swensen's and/or fish & co. everytime we meet. haha.

Before we reached cineleisure, we were ambushed by a few sajc girls who were collecting donations for the tsunami victims (I think)... I didn't have any coins with me, so I had to fish out a $2 note. And I still advocate that it's better to be a girl as far as charity drives are concerned. Flash a big smile, and every guy would probably open up his wallet. heh. okie, that sounded somewhat sexist. But it's true... girls tend raise more charity $ as compared to guys. And then they shoved us this wish card where we were supposed to write down a wish, a hope, and they'll place it on some, no i don't think it's a christmas tree, erm.. some tree lah.

me: "what to write? I'm feeling very uninspirational."
daryl: "love, hope, ..."
jw: "peace"
me: "that's the theme of this campaign, and it's already written on this card" .. *poking a finger onto the card*
me, in a whisper: "well, we could write 'can i have your number(s)'? hahaha."

In the end, we just passed the card back to them. Wasted right... if I could think of something really profound there and then, I could have just awed them away or something.

I wish.. that in all of us, we can find faith and grace in our inner self, that we'll learn to forgive even though it hurts us still, and that God will bless everyone with good health and happiness. Especially for my family and friends - my wish for you guys is that whatever you do, you'll find happiness and faith.

I think, that's what I really want to say.

Still laughing over how daryl mimicked Mrs Tan when she was scolding her classes...

"Look at THAT boy! Never hand in the jourrrrnal."

You really crack up when you actually recollect how she'd refer to us as boys.. I mean, we were really boys, and I still think I am a boy. But Mrs Tan never really knew us by name.. it was always "this boy", "that boy", or "the boy sitting next to this boy". lol.

Really laughed a lot just now. Talked about how we (jw and I) got to know val (we were talking behind your back... no lah =P), how I always had the honours of being last in every science subject and the exasperated chemistry teacher (who was my f/teacher), and how "silly" you guys feel now about giving me a lava lamp for my birthday in 2002, cos it's such a beautiful thing that everyone longs to have. Hey, it's still working very fine, and I really thank you guys for such a priceless present. And no, I'm really not suanning you guys, contrary to what you guys thought just now. =)

Lastly, on the way back on the train with d... At Somerset MRT, the train doors opened and closed, as per normal. And then it opened and closed, again.

And over the train PA system, the train driver went...

"Doors closing. Please stand clear of the doors!!!!!"

Yes, in order of the font size, the train driver went from a monotonous mumble to a very loud growl.

No doubt, the whole train was laughing away. lol.

TPE and HK's beckoning... bright and early Sunday morning.