foot.note

17 January 2005

Suddenly, it feels like I don't recognise this place anymore. It's the same names, same faces, but why do I feel so alienated? Maybe I shouldn't be so hopeful that things will remain the same. This feeling... it keeps coming back to me ever since I came back. Of course, it initially felt good to be back, but as the days keep going by, there's this increasing sense of resignation in me. In what / who / where, I can't figure it myself. But does it matter anyway?

Savage Garden - I Don't Know You Anymore
Lyrics


I guess, I connect to the chorus.

Because I don't know you anymore
I don't recognize this place
The picture frames have changed and so has your name
We don't talk much anymore
We keep running from the pain
But what I wouldn't give to see your face again