My old house was burgled last night... Apparently, we lost quite a bit because the house was totally ransacked. I've not went there to have a look yet, but my folks were saying that their room was turned upside down literally. The cupboards were overturned in their room. As for the other rooms, they were also ransacked as well, although not to such a great extent. But the whole house's in a mess. That's what they are saying now.
TV is missing, but it's only a 21 inch one. Luckily, the organ is still hanging around. But above all, I guess we can count our blessings that none of us were in the house at that time. So, my tomorrow will probably be spent cleaning up the mess in the house.
I guess this incident has forced my folks to think about selling the house, or least renting it out so that there's someone keeping watch over it. We stayed there for about 12 years (1990 - 2002), and nothing of this kind ever happened. After we moved to where I'm staying now (about 10 minutes away), we left the place empty. It never crossed their mind that someone would break into the house. From what it sounds like, it was an elaborately executed burglary - everything was searched and even the fridge was left open. Think my folks were reluctant to sell the house away because of "sentimental value", or so my dad says.
The difficult part is, none of us are even exactly sure what is missing and what is not. But we could safely assume that anything that could be defined as "valuable" is probably missing. However, the most important valuables should have already been moved over here. I'm really not sure, but things should be okay.
Honestly, luckily it was a burglary and not an armed robbery. *shudders*