Had dinner with boon kiat, chun han and xueying at fish & co. bugis just now. Tried out the swordfish this time round, I think it was valerie who tried the swordfish the last time when I was at f & c, and me, the predictable fish & chips. Quite okay, but a bit too oily though. Was quite interested in what bk had to say about his experiences about going clubbing haha. And, it was the first time I met up with ch in like, 8 months?
The flight leaves at 8.05am (CX 710) this morning, so that means I have to be at Changi at 6.05am or so. Which means having to wake up at about 4.30am. Well, the earlier we fly, the earlier we get to yum cha right? haha. Will be back on 5 Feb (Sat), arriving at 11.35pm... (come back late, so can yum more cha) on CX 715. We'll be flying to TPE first (via HK), spend 3 nights there, and from TPE fly back to HK, spend another 3 nights, and voila! ... Back home, by God's grace hopefully.
I'm looking forward to have a look at Taipei 101, Victoria Harbour, the feeling of actually flying and the whole plane experience (mabz would tell you that one of the best moments is using the toilet in the plane, cos you'll feel very sophisticated using all the gadgets in a compact(y) toilet in the sky =P). And of course, the food!
On the other hand, my brother is just contented to fly to HK and buy a Valentine's Day present for Wen Chien there. Quite sweet, huh.
Still quite in a daze trying to pack the essential stuff like camera, frantically reading my just-bought Lonely Planet travel guides for Taiwan and Hong Kong, and I just realised that I can't insert any battery charger when I'm in Taipei cos they use different electrical voltage as compared to us. Don't really have an adapter or transformer as well. Oh well, I should have paid more attention to Ms Foo's physics lessons. lol.
Here's what bbc.co.uk has to say about the weather in Taipei.
Taipei / Cloudy / 12 - 16 C Sunday.
Taipei / Cloudy / 9 - 15 C Monday.
Taipei / Fine with some clouds (that's what the symbol looks like) / 11 - 14 C Tuesday.
Taipei / Cloudy / 10 - 13 C Wednesday.
Okie.. hope I can post some stuff when I'm over there. Hopefully we'll meet some free internet booths or something like that. Feeling quite dazed still. =)