dad brought me to the dentist to have a second opinion about the wisdom tooth op. Did an x-ray, saw that the bottom wisdom teeth are threatening to impact the neighbouring teeth soon, so yah, it has to be extracted sooner or later. And we might as well do it when I'm still here. Otherwise, i'd probably be groaning in pain in perth or sth haha. That'd be an even worse situation. Also somewhat got a lecture from the dentist cos I have not been brushing my gums properly. My first reaction was to go on the defensive mode. "Where got, I brush my teeth everyday what?!" haha. but yeah, def. somewhat embarrasssing as well.
Reminded me of primary school.. When we were in primary 1, we had to spend a few of our recess days brushing our teeth behind the long metal sink. Boys and girls holding hands from the classrooms to the canteen, mugs and toothbrushes in tow. Can't remember if we had to bring our own toothpaste, or the nurse provided, or even worse, we brushed our teeth with no colgate? =P "Yeah, we're gonna brush our teeth".
Then there were also the infamous dental visits to the nurse. She'll normally send the previous victim to send for the next person. And this girl or boy will be carrying a red clipboard that we all learnt to detest. My P5/6 form teacher, Ms C, will wear this really huge grin on her face as she prepared to call out the unfortunate one.
"cheow lit, congratulations!"
It was definitely a big argh. My friends sitting around me would be like telling stories of frankenstein and lots of blood. Then I'll be walking down the stairs, wondering "what if my mouth still has traces of char kway teow from recess? she'll scold me you know...", or "did i brush my teeth properly this morning?". Hey, at least it isn't "did I brush my teeth this morning?" haha. that'd be really bad eh? But I'd always make a detour to the toilet. just to reassure myself.
Most of the times, it was okay. Except for the unfortunate times when she had to pluck out milk teeth. Which isn't too bad actually, cos everyone will be somewhat sympathetic to u after that.
But I did remember, there was once...
"Why you never brush the back of your teeth properly??!"... she screeched.
"Nurse, I got what!"... again, being really defensive. and embarrassed.
That's why I felt so deja vu at the dentist just now.
ahh. primary school. I was (and don't laugh; would still gladly read 'em if I chance upon them at bookshops) a big fan of bookworm short stories. Remember Smarty, Edison, Mimi, Fat Ani, Simone, Sam Seng, Kokku, Louie and Dollah? Really loved them, cos they always gave me ideas on how to write essays. This is becoming really embarrassing, so I'll just stop at that. =)
Might be going to KL tmrw.. not confirmed yet. dad might go to putrajaya to settle some stuff with the ministry, ... so. yeah.