A very big hi to justina :) Glad to hear ur sis is going to sajc in january. Hmm I was a really happy person when we were in sajc too, esp. the angel and mortal game haha. But unfortunately, my brother can't make it to any JC first 3 months, so he shall be going to Millennia Institute while hopefully, his results become better after the O Levels haha. Somehow, I seem to remember many many things in sajc in detail. AND I saw girls there, after 4 years of chs :P On the other hand, I only have a general vague impression of tjc life. I remember sajc events much clearer heh. I guess I'd probably have stayed in sajc if I wasn't obsessed with going to a branded jc haha.. love the really friendly atmosphere there.
So I met up with daryl and jw again at causeway point. Found myself eating dinner at sakae sushi and swensen's again heh. Actually, what is it like to do NS? I never knew, and will never know. A few of my friends lament that life kind of stands still for them, while I supposedly become more cultured and more knowlegable. I personally think that my mental age has remained stagnant at 10, while my guy friends become more matured. Well, if they become mature, I must be the opposite, i.e. inmature. heh. Find myself becoming a "girl" during class outings when guys talk about NS etc, and I become more interested in hearing what the girls have to say. Not to say girls are inmature of course :) I doubt I've grown up yet :) haha. still like a kid in so many ways. But it's not like something I can change or what.. we'd just have to blame my folks for giving birth to me in Johor Bahru, and a 1985 kid at that - since Malaysian NS starts from the batch of 1986. My female cousin got called up for Khidmat Negara already, and she's born in 1987. But she kind of deferred it for a year I think, since she's still in JC. jw was saying sth like "what if mindef forgets to call u up for NS? would u actually go and say 'u forgot me. can u add me in, since i'm the odd one out if u don't?' or 'yeah! they forgot me. let me go NUS now'?"