Yeah :) Finally got my blog back. What happened over the past night was that I logged in, and found myself in the account of other people. Kinda worried that I'd lose my blog, which contains over 11 months of rubbish by now.
Anyway, Jeremy is on the 4pm SQ flight back to s'pore, and probably together with a whole horde of students as well. Jason left yesterday.. Jonathan left two days before. Honestly, I don't think there's anyone around here already. Sometimes, I wonder if I made the right decision to pick up French. If it wasn't for it, i'd have been at home now eating satay or sth like that. It feels like.. my day has a 1000 hours right now. I'm trying to be productive, but there's really nothing in sight. urm. except to learn french. I was actually fiddling with a s'pore $10 note yesterday night and wondering what I could buy with it when I'm back.
I'm currently doing a film review essay on La Haine (directed by Mathieu Kassovitz)... purely out of my own interest. It's entitled - Trapped in the banlieue: La Haine and the dynamics of exclusion. Will probably finish it over the weekend, so yeah look out for it on monday :)
Other interesting happenings around here... The UWA Perth International Arts Festival 2005 begins this 29 Nov with the Festival Films, where they screen films from Cannes, Edinburgh, Toronto, Berlin, and the Academy Awards 2004, at the Somerville Auditorium (it's kind of like open air, in front of the Bay - in UWA), and Joondalup Pines (that's over at Edith Cowan University). When semester begins next year in Feb 2005, the theatre, drama and music components will begin.. so the arts festival is like about 3 months or so. Will probably try to catch a film before I leave for home.. Web link
