foot.note

29 November 2004

Well, it's confirmed that there is sth wrong with the uni library's computer cookies, that's why i'm always seeing weird stuff on my blogger dashboard. T4, blog entries might not appear so frequently these days cos' i feel kinda paiseh everytime i enter reid cafe and don't buy anything but use the imacs there haha... this entry is kinda long, so...

but hey, while we're at it... go and have a look at val's blog, it's really really funny - esp. the entry on "aiyoh why she so fat and assorted complaints".. haha.

A bombshell from my brother....

So here I was watching harry potter and the philosopher's stone (again) on saturday night TV, when my folks called... my mum was saying sth about my brother having grad nite just a few days ago. And so he came to the phone...

Me: "so how, was grad night fun?" (and i'm thinking about my own chs grad nite in 2001, or rather, boys nite).

Me: "got dance with a girl or not?"

Kevin: "Yeah of course got la. it's quite normal isn't it? Anyway, grad night was really fun. At Orchid Country Club" (that's at Yishun right?)

Now, that was bombshell number 1. cos urm, well, i've never danced with a girl before.

Me (trying to sound interested): "so.... who's the girl? u asked her first or she asked u first?"

Kevin: "aiyah u don't know one la.. my classmate. hehe. no one asked each other... it was quite natural loh"

*A very suspicious me, though one of my ears was still with Harry Potter*

Me: "is she your girlfriend?"

Kevin: "urm actually yah"

That was bombshell number 2...
But I wasn't surprised lah... a lot of girls like him anyway. Neighbours always think that I'm the younger brother and he's the eldest one. And girls keep calling / appearing at my place to see him... and grumpy me is always sitting on the sofa reading "The Star" (= Malaysian newspaper)

Me: "so how long already? just before prelims?"

Kevin: "8 months.... she's such a nice girl"

Me: "8 MONTHS? how come i don't know anything about it?"

So I just went on digging out more details about this girl in his life now. hmm. it's his first love.

Kevin: "so do you have any advice to give?"

Me: "hahhahaha. what advice can i give? I'm so hopeless when it comes down to such things. urm whatever happens, treat her with respect and dignity. That's the best advice i can give".

Kevin: "I think mummy and daddy don't know about it. mummy always refers to her (his gf) as 'a close sister'".

Me: "well, they know about it la. it's just that they don't want to say anything about it, or they kind of approve of u going out with a girl lo. u really think they don't know meh? 8 months leh. how u're gonna explain those nights when u went out with her to mummy and daddy anyway??? say that u had detention with the teacher? haha"

My weekend

We spent the weekend being good "Australian" guys, i.e. doing gardening. Like clearing the weeds, putting mulch on the soil etc. It's quite a big house really. Rent isn't exactly that expensive too, as compared to surrounding areas. Oh yah, also drained the pool (yes, swimming pool) cos' officially, it's summer come 1 december. yeah!

16 days to home... time is moving faster now. And now I'm having a really bad leg pain, no thanks to the squatting down under the hot sun and plucking weeds out. kind of reminded me of the story about the farmer and the turnip, surely u remember that from our childhood, eh? =)

International School of Johor

As you know, I've always maintained a keen interest as to what happens in ISJ even though I left the school in June this year. And I'm really happy to announce that the secondary coordinator who kept on bullying me, together with the principal and primary coordinator, has resigned. So now, i might just pop by in the school when I'm back and ask if they need any help. I'm more than willing to help out; the secondary coordinator was the only one that didn't like me... :) Web link